Scholarship opportunities have been made available through numerous benefactors of the Lock Haven University Physician Assistant Program. We thank these benefactors and the LHU Foundation for providing assistance to PA students as they strive to become healthcare providers in medically underserved areas of the Commonwealth.
Information regarding scholarships available to PA students can be found at this link HERE.
Follow this link and then select the “College of Natural Behavioral, and Health Science Scholarships” link on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to the “Physician Assistant” section. There you will find the following scholarships with information regarding criteria and amounts. The available scholarships are:
- CT Assist Scholarship
- Lacy Magagnotti Memorial Scholarship
- Michael Greenberg MD, MBA Physician Assistant Scholarship
- Stephen and Pamela Poorman Physician Assistant Scholarship
- The Dr. Larry H. Lytle and Lynn J. Lytle Scholarship
- The Eleanor Baieroski Harendza Scholarship
- The TurnKey Electric Physician Assistant Scholarship
- Victoria J. Romeo, MD Memorial Physician Assistant Scholarship
To apply for any of these scholarships, you must do the following:
1. Complete an application form online at web site described above. Again, scroll down to the Physician Assistant Scholarship area and click on the name of the scholarship you are applying for. This will lead you to the application.
2. Submit an essay, as described, in the application. Please submit an essay based on these listed items below. I have noticed some errors in the request for an essay on the site.
This essay should be 500 words or less and address 1) how the student will work towards meeting the mission of the Lock Haven University PA Program, 2) the contributions the student has made to their community, the field of medicine, and/or to the PA profession, and 3) economic need.
3. Submit a letter of recommendation addressed to the PA Program Scholarship Committee, via email to the committee chair, Jennifer Bell, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This letter should address the following characteristics:
a. Interpersonal skills
b. Demonstrated academic performance
d. Potential for underserved practice
e. Commitments to service and civic engagement
Dixon University Center Scholarships
Criteria: Any student who is not receiving full tuition reimbursement from another source is eligible for the scholarships, which can amount to a maximum sum of $1000. To be eligible, the student must be matriculated in a degree program at Dixon University Center, and have a grade point average of at least 2.5 for undergraduate or 3.0 for graduate. The Board announces scholarships after the midpoint of each semester, and awards are made when students successfully complete the semester's coursework.
Information found HERE
National Health Service Corps
Award winner is provided payment for Tuition, Fees, a monthly stipend and other reasonable expenses.
In Exchange the program participant agrees to provide service to some of the United States underserved populaitons.
Obtain information from their website at http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/ or call toll free at 1-800-221-9393.
U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
Get stipend during your PA schooling and a guaranteed job after graduation.
VA HPSP for PA students
Veterans Affairs, Health Professionals Scholarship Program